I love all the pumpkin goodies during and... after Thanksgiving. Yes, even Pumpkin Chai friends. With plenty of pumpkin still available, I decided to hunt for a yummy vegan and gluten-free pumpkin bread recipe. Per usual, there were plenty of recipes to choose from, but this one seemed pretty simple for a new (very new) baker. ;)
While gathering up all my baking supplies, I clicked the remote to see what was on tv. Hey, this yogi needs some background noise. How funny, A Charlie Brown Christmas was playing! Man, nothing better than baking and a good Christmas movie to put you in the holiday spirit.
Well I must say, my pumpkin bread came out pretty freakn good! It's so good, we can't stop picking at it. I love how soft it is too. Sometimes gluten-free breads are really dry, but this one my yogi friends is not.
Here's what you need to whip up your own pumpkin bread…
- 2 tablespoons flaxmeal seed
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1 1/4 cups Basic Flour Blend (I used Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 2 1/2 teaspoon gluten-free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar (didn't have so I used organic brown sugar)
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed orange juice
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon alcohol free liquid vanilla stevia
- 1/2 cup melted coconut oil
Here's the preparation. Loving this blog.
Okay, back to Charlie. If you are a big Charlie Brown fan, make sure to checkout Charlie Brown and the GREAT Exhibit now showing at the Museum of Science & Industry. The exhibit ends February 18th so if you can't catch it around the holidays, you can always go in 2013. Have a great day yogi's! :)