I spend a large amount of time creating playlists for my Vinyasa classes. Although my music is not considered "traditional", I believe it's okay to splash in music students can relate to.
Here's a cool article my friend Cindy shared with me about the importance of music. Thanks friend! :)
Don't get me wrong, I love taking traditional style yoga classes with no music, because I understand the importance of clearing the mind and blocking out distraction. However, I think it's nice to switch up your practice every once and awhile with music.
Here are some of my favorite "Vinyasa Playlist" songs...
1. Man In the Mirror (Acoustic), James Morrison
2. Ain't No Sunshine, The Watson Twins
3. Heartbeats (Live), The Knife
4. Congratulations, MGMT
5. Lisztomania (Classixx Version), Phoenix
6. Through the Hill, Andy Partridge & Harold Budd- great for shavasana
Isn't she lovely? Love the Eurythmics. Have a great day!